Selling puppies is not an easy job as you think. You are not doing this as a business and your main intention of selling the pup is to find him a new home. No matter you advertise the details about your small dog in newspapers, online pup selling directories, or by distributing pamphlets, you need to make sure that the prospective buyer has the intention of buying it and taking good care of it. Just handing over the pup to any person who pays you money is not your goal. You need to make sure that it reaches a home where it will be cared and treated as a member of that home. Hence, meeting the prospective buyers in person must be the goal of every pup seller.
Checking out the prospective buyers
Once you place ads saying that you have a Cocker Spaniel pup for sale or pedigree dogs for sale, you are sure to find all sorts of people calling up to inquire about the dog and the breed. The main challenge that you have in front of you in this situation is to pick and choose the best buyer for the pup that you wish to sell. You should have the knowledge to weed off the unsuitable buyers and only find time to interact with buyers who are genuine. The main and the first thing that you should look out for in the
prospective buyers is whether or not they have the time, the desire and the means to make the pup feel happy and to treat them as a living member of their family.
Qualities that the buyer must possess
- The buyer must be having the time and the patience on his or her side to spend quality time with the dog and to train it.
- The pup should be a given proper shelter and protection from the various elements.
- The buyer must have some outdoor space in his house for the pup to exercise and play.
- It would be better off to hand over the pup to a buyer who has a fenced yard to keep the pup safe and sound.
- The buyer must be ready to provide the necessary food and the drink that the dog needs from time to time.
- Should be ready to take the dog to the veterinarian for routine checkups and for vaccinations.
Pricing the pup
There are many things that need to be considered when fixing the price of the Teacup Pomeranian or other best breed pups. Some of the factors are the average market price of the pup, the veterinary care for it and the breed quality and the pup quality.